Omagh County Primary School enjoys a fine reputation as a forward looking and proactive provider of quality teaching and learning. Our children acquire a broad range of skills and knowledge and it is our belief that all children, given support and encouragement, can achieve their full potential.
Our school crest depicts the tree of life and we as a school community endeavour to make school a place where children develop their moral, social and religious values, equipping them for life in the wider world.
Nursery & Year 1 at Omagh County P.S
Our Latest Gallery!
Ditch The Dark!!
It may have been Black Friday but there was nothing black and dull in school on Friday as everyone put on their brightest clothes and made their way to school. Lots of children cycled, scooted, skated and walked to school, despite the frosty morning. Almost 50 pupils chose to meet the Walking Buses at Caffe Nero, the Leisure Centre and McLean's Shop on the Hospital Road. Well done everyone! Keep active this winter!
International Day of Languages
On Friday the 23rd September we celebrated International Day of Languages. Each class had great fun embracing themes, languages and traditions from around the world. Take a look at some of the things we got up to...
- Year 1: Making music from around the world; singing "hello" in different languages
- Year 2: Exploring and designing flags
- Year 3: Tasting delicious bread from around the world
- Year 4: Showcasing their talents on stage in assembly, teaching us about the need for friendship throughout the world
- Year 5: Dipping into Spanish culture by dressing in traditional costumes and learning some of the language
- Year 6: Strutting down the catwalk wearing fancy dress from all over the world
- Year 7: Researching the country of Hungary and its culture